Hi there! I’m Lisa.
Welcome to my personal blog, Learning Along the Way. I’m so glad you’re here! I write to encourage my readers in the areas of personal growth and motivate for change. I like to share great books I’ve read as resources for you in your journey. I like to provide opportunity for dialog so that this blog can be a community for encouragement and growth.
Here are a few points of interest about me (in case you’re curious):
- I have lived more than half a century.
- I’m a wife to Colin and mom to 2 wonderful sons, 1 wonderful daughter-in-law, and recent Mimi to a grand-daughter!
- I have learned the value of listening well, of laughing heartily and of living authentically. I love coffee, conversations and girl time.
- I also value times of quiet contemplation and simplicity.
- I am on a daily journey of living this life with passion and purpose, to be God’s woman in the circumstances He brings me.
- I have had the privilege of being an educator of children and adults since 1981.
- I co-founded SLO Classical Academy in 2005.
- Losing both my parents in 2008 was the catalyst of change that helped me find renewed purpose in this second half of life!
- As a life coach I cherish the opportunity to walk with women through transition; holding out Sacred Space to connect with what God’s unique call is for each woman.
- As a speaker I bring a Christ-centered perspective to personal transformation; looking together at God’s Word for the Light for the next step.
I’d love to have you join me in this journey of Learning Along the Way. You can do that by subscribing over there on the sidebar. To avoid adding to your daily clutter, an email digest goes out on Monday mornings. You can stop by here anytime to see what’s new.
Won’t you join me? I’d love to hear what you’re Learning Along the Way.